Some of my favorite music!!


Saturday, January 5, 2008

"For you, a thousand times over.."

Well, I did it! I finally finished The Kite Runner. It took me a whole month to finish, but it was well worth it. My life was really crazy in December. I can tell when I really like a book when I let myself get involved in the story. If I yell out in frustration, laugh or cry. If I think about the book while I am driving or showering. In the shower is my only alone time. It's not weird, I promise. Well, I thought about this book a lot! I wanted to finish before the movie came out. Now I find out the movie has been out since December 14th and is only showing limited showings. Which means it is not coming here. Hopefully I will get to rent the movie when it is available. I love movies almost as much as I like to read. I am now on to a book Neal got me for Christmas. What a sweet husband. He got me a book knowing that I will probably be reading it instead of spending time with him. :)

5 comments:

James Hesch said...

I wish I liked reading. It is just frustrating for me because I have comprehension problem and it's frustrating for me but yeah I wish I liked to read. It helps you out a lot in a lot of ways. Glad you like to read, that is awesome! Congratulations that you finished that book with the busy life you have! Your awesome! Love you!!

Shanna said...

I don't know how you find time to read. I really wish I was a reader. Never have been, probably never will. It is hard because I want my kids to be readers. Hopefully they can fill in my down falls.

Misty (Hesch) Walker said...

I love reading... I'm glad we both do. You read more than I do tho. I am getting them stacked up in a line. I need to get one it.

♥ et said...

What was the book about? I'm lame, never heard of it! Still freakin tryin to get through eclipse. LOVE it, but with stupid work, and no more graves, it's just not happenin!

Cazier Craziness said...

I don't know if anyone looks back through the comments, but I do sometimes write answers to questions. I try to go to pick up Aliya 30 to 20 minutes early so I can read. The kids watch a movie in the car and I get time to read a little! If it is a really good book, I read at night.