Some of my favorite music!!


Saturday, June 11, 2011

Washington adventure July, 2010




In an attempt to keep my sanity with all of the many wonderful photos I have from our trip to Misty's, I need to do a few posts.
Last summer we made the LONG drive to Bremerton to visit Misty and her fam. I had been planning this trip for months and we had the BEST time!!! It was a trip I will always remember and I know the kids will always remember it also! They got to see things they just don't see in their every day life! Things I have wanted to show them! Misty and Ty showed us a great time and we loved getting to spend time with the girls in their environment!

We broke our trip up in to three days. On Day 1 we drove to my Mom and Dad's and stayed with them for the night so we could get an early start the next morning. Jason and Katie were there visiting, so it was fun to see them! I just had to post this pic. They will kill me when they are older, but it's too cute!




On day 2 we drove to Caldwell, Idaho and stayed the night at my cousin, Shannon's house. She has kids close to my kids age, so they had a great time getting to run and play after being in the car all day. The drive was long, but I would do it again in a minute. I didn't even have a tv for them to watch movies on. I packed each of them a backpack with activities and their own snacks and treats. One of their favorite activities was the road trip bingo. I got to send so much time laughing, talking, singing with the kids. It was so fun to see the amazement on their faces as we saw so many incredible things.

Like these Squirrels! As you get into Oregon and Washington, they have the most beautiful rest stops. I packed lots of snacks and sandwich stuff and we woud just stop at the rest stops and make lunch or just to stretch and have a snack. We only stopped in a town for gas. LOVE that!!
They were so funny. They would come right up to you and sit like a dog and wait for you to drop something. It was hilarious and the kids couldn't believe they were so close!
This little girl was adorable back then, but you should see her now with a full blown personality and everything. So cute!!

I love this photo! It had to be tough on Ty to have us there for two weeks, but he sure was a good sport!! I am sure he threw a party as we drove away tho! :)
The kids loved how everything was surrounded with water. If there was a dock, they were out on it!! Pretty girl!
My sweet little blonde boy!! His hair darkened this year and it makes me sad! He's still adorable, but it just means he is growing up!!
He was sharing his blanket with Mabel. Now that's a big deal!
Sweet S'more face kids!!
So Funny!! Lo with no pants and Grant with no shirt under his sweater vest! They are too cute!
She is a cuddle bug!!
YUM!!
Uncle Ty took us fishing! We didn't catch anything, but it was fun anyways.
He scares me!
I Love Her!
Their splash parks are very different than ours. The kids had great time and loved that it was right on the water!
Oh my goodness! Isn't she adorable? Seriously adorable. It's hard to believe she ever had a little chunk on her. She is so tiny now!
Taking a break!
Being a goofball! haha.... He cracks me up!
hehe.....
The water would come pouring down every couple of minutes. Look at Landon trying to be so cool!! Such a stud muffin!
Mae just wanted to be in the water with sis! Lo has the biggest brightest smile all the time.
Goofy kids!
They loved to climb all the rocks!
Taking a break for some lunch!
Now onto the next post! I love sorting through all these photos. It makes me wish we would of planned to go this summer!

1 comment:

Misty (Hesch) Walker said...

I can't believe Mae was so chunky either... I forgot about that! Man, our kids are beautiful!